Safety Protocol for NEET 2020
With the confirmation of date for the NEET exams by the Indian government, the scheduled date for NEET 2020 is 13th September. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, there were a lot of speculations regarding the safety, especially in case of interstate or intercity travel. There were looming doubts over the participation of the students in the examinations as well, and the problem of overcrowding owing to the large number of candidates, who have filled the application forms and downloaded the admit cards as well. Now that it is fully confirmed about both the exams and the participation, NTA has issued certain safety protocols for both the candidates and the staff. The admit card contains all the safety protocols issued for social distancing amid the pandemic.
Here is a detailed list of safety protocols for the conduct of candidates the staff at the center.
- For the candidates at the examination center, a social distancing rule will be followed to avoid the jam-packed crowd of candidates at the examination center.
- Even in the examination hall, the students' seating arrangements will be done keeping in mind the social distancing measure.
- Staggered Time Slot for the candidates reporting at the examination centers - to be printed as "Slot (time)" such as 11.00 A.M. -11.30 A.M.
- List of items permitted in exam rooms.
- A hyperlink to location of the center so that Candidate may verify the location of the center in advance by clicking on the link (when candidate clicks the Center details).
- In case of Person with Disability (Pwd) candidate availing a scribe, both the candidate and scribe are required to wear the masks.
For the staff at the Examination center, there are rules and regulations formulated to avoid social contact with the staff and the candidates alike.
- Gloves & Masks for all staff on examination duty
- Gloves & Masks for candidates in case they do not come with their own, as a requirement for admission into Examination Centers.
- Hand Sanitizer at entry and inside the Examination Centers as needed.
For the Examination center, there are guidelines issued to ensure safer conduct.
- Maintaining social distancing among staff and students.
- Maintaining an inventory of hand sanitizers, disinfectants, and thermal scanners for every entry, classroom, washroom and building floors and corridors.
- Spray entire examination centers floors and walls, doors, gates, with disinfectant backpack spray machines.
- Fresh mask and gloves to be used by exam functionary after staff verification is done o Replenish all sanitizer bottles at entry gate, rooms, Registration desks, server room, staff/observer room, etc.
- Replenish all liquid hand wash bottles in restrooms and entry gate whenever required.
- Candidate Seating Area to be thoroughly sanitized (desk and the chair).
- Clean and disinfect all the washrooms.
- Disinfect all door handles, staircase railing, lift buttons, etc.
- Disinfect wheelchairs if present at the examination centers.
- Clean all the trash bins.