KYRGYZ STATE MEDICAL ACADEMY
The Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA) is one of the oldest medical universities of Kyrgyzstan. It came into the existence in the year 1939. The first batch of the University consisted of 200 students. Currently, the academy had celebrated its 70th anniversary as it entered new decade of activity. At present, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is considered as the pioneer among all medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. Presently, there are over 540 teachers serving this University and a total number of over 4,000 students who are studying MBBS in KSMA. The majority of foreign students are from India who are doing MBBS in Bishkek.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), FAIMER, IMED as well as by Medical Council of India (MCI). Students can appear for USMLE, PLAT, NZREX, etc. for further studies in countries like USA, UK, New Zealand, etc.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy has it's hostels for accommodation of foreign students spread throughout the city. The students also get the opportunity to practice in several hospitals of city to gain useful experience.
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medical & Preventative Care
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Foreign Citizens
- The academic year starts from September; Admission process can be done till November for the first year students.
- There are two semesters in an academic year; i.e. September to January & February to June. The classes are conducted Monday to Saturday between 8:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M.
- Students are divided into different groups which consist of not more than 14 students.
- Summer vacation is usually for two months (July, August) and the winter vacation is for 1 month (January).
- Holidays on special local and South-Asian festivals.
- Leaves are easily available for those who want to visit home country as per their requirement.
The summer season is generally dry with infrequent thunderstorm and strong winds. In winter season, there are snow storms. Frequent fog can also be expected during winters.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy accommodates foreign students with the best hostel facilities. In KSMA, there are separate hostel rooms for boys and girls. The hostel is located close to the University in well-equipped and furnished rooms. There is a free wi-fi access in every hostel room. There is a canteen for students with a snack bar and billiard parlor. There is a facility of hot as well as cold water. Also, there is a mess facility for students. There is an option of self-cooking as well.
In KSMA, the students are offered with best facilities at a very affordable price. The students’ hostel is well-equipped with all the necessary items. There is a library, electricity, Internet facility, 24 hour hot water supply, separate study rooms, and two kitchens with the modern gadgets.
KSMA is known for a very healthy and friendly environment for the international students. Various extra-curricular activities are conducted in the University such as gymnasium, swimming pool, basketball courts etc. have been accommodated within the University. Also, there is a canteen for students.
Fees Structure 2018-2019
|Tuition Fee||Hostel Fee||Medical Insurance|| Total Fee
|University||(1ST Year)||(2ND-5TH Year)||Per Year ($)||Per Year ($)|
|Kyrgyz State Medical Academy||6500$||4000$||-||-||"6500$/Rs. 4.22 Lac"||"22,500$/Rs. 14.63 Lac"|
|* 1USD = 65 INR (approx for calculation), Actual Rate at the time of fees payment will be calculated|