The Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA) is one of the oldest medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. It came into existence in the year 1939. The first batch of the University consisted of 200 students.
Currently, the academy had celebrated its 70th anniversary as it entered a new decade of activity. At present, Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is considered as the pioneer among all medical universities in Kyrgyzstan. Presently, over 540 teachers are serving this University, and a total number of over 4,000 students are studying MBBS in KSMA. The majority of international students are from India who is doing MBBS in Bishkek.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), FAIMER, IMED, and Medical Council of India (MCI). Students can appear for USMLE, PLAT, NZREX, etc., for further studies in countries like the USA, UK, New Zealand, etc.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy has its hostels for accommodation of international students spread throughout the city. The students also get the opportunity to practice in several hospitals in the town to gain useful experience.
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medical & Preventative Care
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Foreign Citizens
- The academic year starts in September; the Admission process can be done till November for the first year students.
- There are two semesters in an academic year, i.e., September to January & February to June. The classes are conducted Monday to Saturday between 8:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M.
- Students are divided into different groups, which consist of not more than 14 students.
- Summer vacation is usually for two months (July, August), and the winter vacation is for one month (January).
- Holidays on unique local and South-Asian festivals.
- Leaves are readily available for those who want to visit their home country as per their requirement.
The summer season is generally dry with infrequent thunderstorms and strong winds. In the winter season, there are snowstorms. Frequent fog can also be expected during winters.
Kyrgyz State Medical Academy accommodates international students with the best hostel facilities. In KSMA, there are separate hostel rooms for boys and girls. The hostel is located close to the University in well-equipped and furnished rooms. There is free wi-fi access in every hostel room. There is a canteen for students with a snack bar and billiard parlor. A facility for hot and cold water is also available. Also, there is a mess facility for students. There is an option of self-cooking as well.
Student Life at Kyrgyz State Medical Academy:
In KSMA, the students are offered with best facilities at a very affordable price. The students’ hostel is well-equipped with all the necessary items. There is a library, electricity, Internet facility, 24-hour hot water supply, separate study rooms, and two kitchens with modern gadgets.
KSMA is known for a very healthy and friendly environment for international students. Various extra-curricular activities are conducted in the University, such as gymnasium, swimming pool, basketball courts, etc. have been accommodated within the University. Also, there is a canteen for students.
Fee Structure of Kyrgyz State Medical Academy for the Academic Year 2021-2022
|Description||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year|
|Food and Accomadation||1850$||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Refundable Security Deposit||350$||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Processing Fee||Rs 75000||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Consultant Service Charges||Rs 125000||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|