Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University
The Kyrgyz Russian Slavic University is one of the prestigious institutes of higher education in Kyrgyzstan. It provides education in 45 specialties and in three areas. The University was coined in the year 1993 in the city of Bishkek (formerly Frunze) on the basis of the Treaty “On friendship, cooperation and mutual assistance” between the Kyrgyz Republic and the Russian Federation. In the first year itself, there were about 200 recruitments of the students.
The University consists of 80 Fabulous Academic Departments, 25 Tremendous Institutes for students’ aesthetic education, 15 Huge Educational and Scientific Centers, 8 Different Faculties, 6 Big Centers for Research, 4 Large-sized Laboratories, A Law Center. The teaching is performed in English language. The major advantage of studying in this University is that the students get diplomas of two states; i.e. the Russian Federation and the Kyrgyz Republic, and foreign citizens- the Diplomas of international standard. Since the time it has established, there are more than 12,000 students studying in KRSU. Out of these, 1735 are international students from various countries like India, Israel, Iran, Nepal, Kazakhstan, Palestine, Pakistan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan, and the United States.
The University is accredited and listed with the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) in USA, Institute of International Medical Education (IIME), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO). This implies the degree from Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University is recognized worldwide.
- Department of natural and engineering sciences
- Economic theory
- Department of Law
- Department of Humanities
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Architecture, Design, and Construction
- Department of Distant Education
- The academic term starts from September; Admission process can be done till November for the first year students.
- There are two semesters in an academic year; i.e. September to January & February to June. The classes are conducted Monday to Saturday between 8:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M.
- Students are divided into different groups which consist of not more than 14 students.
- Summer vacation is usually for two months (July, August) and the winter vacation is for 1 month (January).
- Holidays on special local and South-Asian festivals.
- Leaves are easily available for those who want to visit home country as per their requirement.
In January, the average daily high temperature is about 3 degree Celsius. During July, the average daily temperature is about 31 degree Celsius. The summer season is generally dry with occasional thunderstorm and strong gusty winds. In winter season, there are snow storms. Frequent fog can also be expected during winters.
Hostel facilities are available for the international students. The hostel rooms are well-equipped with all the basic facilities. The students are provided with water supply, heaters, air conditioning, food, TV, internet service etc. The stay at the hostel is comfortable and pocket friendly. It offers the perfect environment for studying medicine. The Tuition Fee and the Living Expenses are affordable and makes The Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University a popular destination among Indian students to study MBBS Abroad.
There are 25 Tremendous Institutes for students’ aesthetic education, 15 Huge Educational and Scientific Centers, 6 Big Centers for Research, and 4 Large-sized Laboratories for students.
Various cultural and activity centers are also available in the campus of KRSU. There is a well-equipped library. Students in KRSU can participate in different activities such as competitions, cultural festivals, excursions, scientific conferences, and scientific events. Sports facilities like basketball, football, tennis, volleyball, etc. are also available in the campus.