MEDICAL EDUCATION IN KYRGYZSTAN
Medical Universities in Kyrgyzstan are recognized in the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. This Listing makes a student graduating from such Medical University colleges and Medical colleges in Kyrgyzstan eligible to appear for many of the tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations under the directive of Medical Council of India. This has led to an ever increasing number of International Students making their way to Kyrgyzstan to study like the General Medicine and Surgery(MBBS), Dental Course or Dentistry (BDS), M.D/M.S/M.D.S Course. Every year hundreds of International Students come to Kyrgyzstan to study medical courses.
After completing your MBBS Degree in Kyrgyzstan, students are awarded MD (Doctor of Medicine) which is widely recognized in countries likes USA, UK or other European Countries.
- He /she shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December, of the year of admission to the MBBS course.
- He/she has passed qualifying examination as Under:-
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- The students should obtain 50% marks in the 12th standard examination. Students belonging to SC/ST and OBC (Category is eligible with 40% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination).
- The eligibility certificate is a legal proof given by the MCI that the medical university, which the student attends to study MBBS abroad, is authorized by the medical education regulator. And the MCI has now made it very clear to the students opting to study MBBS in foreign universities that they will have to clear their NEET examination even if they want to study abroad. To clear the NEET exam, a student needs to score a minimum of 50 percentile for general category and 40 percent for reserved category. This condition will be mandatory for the students from May 01, 2018 onwards.
DURATION: MBBS course is of six years.
In the first five years, Students are imparted knowledge on the basics of Medical Sciences and Clinical Studies and the last year is solely dedicated to practical training in Hospital attached to the University. This course utilizes modules that are technically supported by the World Health Organization. Universities have also introduced credit hours system in this course.
OVERVIEW OF THE MEDICAL COURSE
Academic year of the Medical courses comprises of two Semesters. Duration of the course is of six years. The first five years are didactic in nature as Students are imparted knowledge on the different areas of Medical Sciences. They get an insight to the different parts and the system of the Human Body that prepares them for the clinical rotation in the hospital. In the last year, Students undertake clinical rotation in the different departments of the hospital.