INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The International School of Medicine established in 2003 was made a part of the International University of Kyrgyzstan according to the Kyrgyz Republic’s Government resolution # 60 dated 05.02.2004 as a currently operating higher school. At present the school has about 2500 students from Central and South Asia.
THE BASIC MISSION OF THE SCHOOL:
Is to train highly qualified specialists, conduct scientific research in medicine and provide health services to the population of Kyrgyz Republic and neighboring countries. Training at ISM is conducted with the most up-to-date educational technologies used to ensure highly efficient training of doctors. The ISM’s primary goal is to produce highly qualified doctors able to successfully work in any part of the globe.
The International School of Medicine of Kyrgyzstan is an official state educational institution with the license of Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyz Republic for medical education in General Medicine within 5 years of study. (Official license No.LD 150000861).
International School of Medicine was officially registered at:
- World Health Organization (WHO – http://www.who.int/hrh/wdms)
- Institute for International Medical Education (IIME – http://www.iime.org/database)
- Foundation for advancement of International Medical Education and Research(FAIMER – www.imed.faimer.org)
- Organization for PHD education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS – http://www.orpheus-med.org)
For most, joining the faculty at International school of medicine is only the beginning of your career in academic research and medical career & especially the opportunities to learn and the need for support do not end where your faculty appointment begins.
There are 11 departments of our school, which include basic and clinical fields:
- Department/Chair of Humanitarian Science
- Department/Chair of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department/Chair of Public Health
- Department/Chair of Scientific Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Surgery
- Department/Chair of Fundamental Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Special Clinical Disciplines
- Department/Chair of Internal Medicine
- Department/Chair of Therapy
- Department/Chair of Pathology
- Department/Chair of Macro and Micro Anatomy
The IUK was awarded with International Gold Quality Star 2001, founded by the BID (Business Initiatives Directions) – organization, which during the many years selects companies and institutions with strong activity and business, leadership, new technologies implementation and innovation. In 2001 the IUK has entered to the list of 30 best universities of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
FIELD OF RESEARCH
Since its establishment, till date, International School of Medicine has been a training center with high standards in the fields of science, medicine and scientific research gaining reputation not only in Kyrgyzstan but also in South-East Asia.
ISM’s Scientific objective is been prioritized correlating the theme of medical science and health care, “The physiological and pathological aspects of the Human body”.
- To study the pathogenesis, modernization of the methods of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of major diseases in children and adults.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and treatment of surgical pathologies.
- To develop and improve the diagnosis and treatment of acute surgical diseases of the thorax, abdomen and pelvis, including latest endosurgical procedures.
- To develop and implement the methods of diagnosis and early detection of infectious diseases, including research in the field of microbiology and immunology.
- To study the pathogenesis and to develop the criteria for the effective diagnosis and treatment of Infectious and endocrine diseases by the respective departments.
- To understand the physiology and pathogenesis of adaptation in the fields of molecular genetics and population genetics, and to analyzing the risk of genetic and multifactorial diseases.
- To introduce the new technologies in the educational process, as well as in the theoretical foundation of universal competence, in the teachings of the humanities.
Like every higher education institution ISM has a library that contains a banner5huge collection of Medical books. Latest foreign editions of commonly used books are available in sufficient numbers. New editions of books are regularly updated with WHO series and periodicals, in English and in Russian, and all the measures are taken for availability of books to every student.
The library possesses a unique book stock (above six thousand items) including traditional and new information carrying mediums, among them there are books in the line of medicine: therapy, pediatric, oncology, dermatology, gynecology, histology, microbiology, pharmacology, orthopedic, etc.
At this moment there are registered about 600 students and 80 teachers in the library. New information technologies are introduced for the smooth functioning of the library. The library’s reading halls have PCs connected to the network, so students get free access to the global Internet.
On admission to the ISM, students are offered a room in the hostel or you can rent a flat in a nearby area. The hostel fee is paid according to the ISM approved fees. The mandatory requirement for staying in the hostel is strict maintenance of internal rules of the hostel. Registration of temporary staying in the hostel is conducted in our Student campus office.
On wish, you may live in a private apartment. There are various variants of lodging search in Bishkek depending on fee and conditions level. To find appropriate lodging you can apply to a realty agency that has services on lodging.
Registration of temporary staying in a private apartment is conducted domiciliary on your own. You are required to inform your address the Dean’s Office. Your factual lodging is checked by a local police officer. ISM has its own hostel in the UK hostel building. A laundry and press service also operates. Special workers have been appointed in order to maintain cleanliness in the hostel rooms, corridors, premises, toilets and bathrooms.
UK has excellent facilities for sports and leisure, including sport sections, theatres, libraries and internet rooms.
The leadership of school and its faculty conduct cultural-and-organizational work with students including excursions to museums, sightseeing in Kyrgyzstan, going to theaters and trips to mountains.
UK provides accommodation in hostels with all modern facilities. Hostels have access to internet services and students are protected by the Association of students.